Tuesday 23 March 2010

M.C.Escher Inspired

I have been a fan of M.C. Escher since I was a kid. I think he was a genius, but don't get me started on that.. We've decided to make our own interpretation of his beautiful engraving "Rind" (1955)
The original, which you have probably seen before:


Here is my dad working on already painted and carved MDF board (sorry, had no time to take pictures of the process.. my dad's too fast, he just DOES things and never takes pictures unless i make him). The carving is being filled in with silver paint.

Silver foil around and it's all done! I think it came out absolutely beautiful, but I am not really the one to judge.


Hope you like it. I still have it for sale (email me if you need any further information or wish to see it). If you have YOUR favorite painting, drawing, carving we can reproduce and reinterpret almost anything. 

Yours, KB

No comments:

Post a Comment